News: SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Flex v7000 LDAP Configuration w/o FSM as LDAP Server 2024

Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
Flex v7000 LDAP Configuration w/o FSM as LDAP Server
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
All,

Today we tried to setup LDAP on our Flex v7000. When you go into the v7000 it shows the LDAP configuration as being pre-defined by an internal registry. To me this means that the FSM is the controller of LDAP for the chassis including the v7000. HOWEVER, the option to have the FSM predefined as the LDAP server for the chassis has been turned off in our case because we had an issue previously where we lost the FSM and then couldn't get into the CMM or IMMs without a total CMM reset.

I'm opening this thread in the hopes that we can come to a resolution on this issue that will be posted here. We will keep working on the issue and I will probably test setting the FSM as the internal LDAP server JUST TO SEE if we can get into the v7000 via LDAP when this option is turned on.

Has anyone else seen this?
Super Newbie Posts: 1 Karma: +0/-0 *
Re: Flex v7000 LDAP Configuration w/o FSM as LDAP Server
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
Did you ever find a workaround?  I've been battling this for a while.  Using a Windows AD server, I can LDAP authenticate successfully to both the FSM and the CMM, but the Flex V7000 is complaining that it can't communicate with the LDAP server.  I can tell it's using the same Windows AD servers as the CMM.
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
Re: Flex v7000 LDAP Configuration w/o FSM as LDAP Server
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »
Unfortunately no we did not. We tried to add the FSM to AD and that made the v7000 lose communication to the FSM LDAP server but when the FSM was set to central management mode aka as an LDAP server the v7000 could see it but then it wasn't attached to AD so it still didn't work.