News: SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Unable to unassign from node a server pattern profile in FSM 1478

Super Newbie Posts: 1 Karma: +0/-0 *
Unable to unassign from node a server pattern profile in FSM
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:56:25 PM »
Hello guys!

Maybe this has happened to someone else...
We created a server pattern, deployed it and assigned it. Somehow during a reorganization of nodes we took the node out of the chassis and DELETED the server pattern and profile that was assigned to the server outside the chassis.
When we reinsert the node (x240) again into the chassis the chassis recognizes the node as having a profile assigned and thus does not allow us to deploy a new pattern to it.
The question is, how can we get rid of the current "phantom" profile applied to the node in order to be able to deploy another pattern to the node?
Thanks so much for any insight that you could provide,

Best,

Nicolas E.
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
Re: Unable to unassign from node a server pattern profile in FSM
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the question. This is not one that I have seen but I would suggest doing the following.

1) Remove the node from the FSM by right-clicking the node in Chassis Manager and clicking 'Remove'. (This will remove the node with the phantom profile from the FSMs DB2 database, my suspicion is that the FSM DB still thinks there is a profile assigned and is unaware that it is removed.)
2) Reboot the FSM just to be sure the DB's cache is recycled.
3) Re-inventory the Chassis and wait for the node to be pulled back in.

An alternate solution would be to try to inventory the node but this I feel may be a 50/50 shot. A complete removal of the node from the FSM should clear up weird inconsistencies like this.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks!