SOL for a p260 Node
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:59:36 PM »
I am stuck in a rock and a hard place :-), and having problems getting SOL console working from the CMM to a p260 node.
I have a issue where need to update the node firmware on the pnode, this all came about with a older version of the FSM software (1.1.0), which I manage to install from scratch to versio 1.3.x.
1. My FSM can see all the nodes (x and p nodes)
2. The CMM firmware is up to date
3. The CMM can see all the nodes and I can control power on/off/restart etc.
Problem now is that the FSM can not see any p260 nodes in the Power Systems management link
- The resource explorer can see the nodes (Status = OK, Access = OK) but a warning appears that no VPD information is available
So I am assuming I need to update the pnode firmware to match the FSM/CMM, these no other way to do this I think, only method can be used to
- boot the node to SMS
- Use the SOL from the CMM to control the nodes IPL
- Boot from a OS
- Update the Firmware using the OS
First challenge I am having is to the Serial console going.
Note the SOL is enabled on the CMM's compute nodes global settings
Any help would be highly appreciated