Checked Fix Central this morning and a new CMM firmware has been released. Here are the release notes. I highlighted a critical fix below that may be the resolution of the issue discussed in this thread. Hope this firmware is solid.
Furthermore, I went back to the Retain Tip link that PureSystemsTech referred to and IBM updated the information on it.
This behavior will be corrected in a future release of CMM firmware.
The target date for this release is scheduled for fourth quarter 2014."
Chassis Management Module Firmware Update Change History
IBM Flex System Enterprise(TM): System 8721(ALL) 7893 (ALL) 8724 (ALL) 7953 (ALL)
Version 2.5.2, Build ID: 2PET12Q
- Fixed an issue where some external devices cannot ping chassis I/O Module that have IPv4
addresses in the range 192.168.70.1 through 15.
- Fixed an issue where some switch components might lose their IPv4 address
after enabling stacking mode.
- Fixed an issue where IPv4 and IPv6 labels are displayed twice on the network properties page.
- Fixed an issue where an edit and redeploy of an already deployed chassis pattern does not
update the contact name and location if they were updated by the user.
- Added support for 10Gb 2-port CNA by Emulex (Skybird)
- Added support for 10Gb 2-port NIC by Qlogic (Tacoma)
- Changed the allowed length of the telnet password from 16 to 31 characters.
- Added support for externally signed SSL certificate in PEM format to be imported via copy and paste.
- Added support for externally signed SSL certificate to be able to generate a new key pair and
certificate without impacting the existing private key.
- Added support for externally signed SSL certificate to display the certificate expiration date.
Limitations: Critical Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where intermittent login failures might occur after long periods of CMM run time.
- This firmware is for the (TM) System
System 8721(ALL) 7893 (ALL) 8724 (ALL) 7953 (ALL)