News: SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

V7000 in "pending" status in graphical view 2189

Super Newbie Posts: 5 Karma: +0/-0 *
V7000 in "pending" status in graphical view
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:53:06 PM »
Hello,

Since the start, my V7000 have a status "pending" in the graphical view on my FSM.

In Resources Explorer, i can see the V7000 4039 and i can see the complete inventory but in the graphical view, slots 11, 12, 13 and 14 are occuped by this storage enclosure without access and inventory.

I can't delete this bad view and resubmit ? complet inventory after.

Have you any idea ?

Thanks per advance.

JeuMeu
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
Re: V7000 in "pending" status in graphical view
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:24:09 AM »
What version of FSM are you running?

Can you send a screenshot of what you see from Resource Explorer under Storage Systems?

I'm thinking we will need to remove the v7000 completely from the FSM and try to add it back.
Super Newbie Posts: 5 Karma: +0/-0 *
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »
Hello,

Sorry for the delay, here = GMT +10 (New Caledonia)

FSM = 1.3.1

And i can't remove my V7K from FSM, because i can't clic or display this component in the graphical view.

In Resource explorer, the V7K is considerated as externat V7K (not included in PureFlex Chassis).

In attach you can see all screen if you want

Graphical view (impossible to modify)
Explorer view

thanks for your help.

L'JeuMeu

PS: and in another view of resource explorer i can see slots 11 to 14 occuped by my V7K.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:21:04 PM by JeuMeu »
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »
Okay. First I think we should try unmanaging the v7000. It is definetely showing that it knows about a storage enclosure but for some reason can't detect it in the actual chassis.

1) Try this command via CLI.
smcli unmanageV7000 [-i | -ipaddress V7000_ip_address]
Then check to see if the v7000 is gone from the chassis view. If it is then move to Step #2 if it isn't then move to step number 3.

2) Next try to inventory the Chassis.

3) If the inventory completes but the v7000 is still in a 'pending' state then I would try to upgrade your CMM then your FSM to GA5 code or version 1.3.2 and also apply the latest fix pack.

4) IF IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. I would try to remove the chassis from the FSM and rediscover it. Hopefully you don't have a ton of configuration within the FSM for the chassis because doing this would wipe anything you have done.

As always we recommend everything to be at the latest firmware levels while troubleshooting and also if possible to open a ticket with IBM.

Michaelagot

V7000 in "pending" status in graphical view
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:40:26 PM »
3 days ago i pay for CAMPAIGN but that is not activated. status is pending. i try to contact support but they dont answer. is this site scam. do this site lie people and after they pay support dont answer?? if no who can help me to fix this
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 06:49:38 AM »
Hello,

I can assure you this site is NOT a scam and it is also free to join and contribute. At what point in the sign up process were you asked to pay? Could you attach a screenshot?  Out of the 108 current members this is the first I've heard of this and again I can assure you it is free. Also how did you contact "support" because I never saw any messages come through from you.

Please advise,