News: SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Flex v7000 iSCSI 1746

Super Newbie Posts: 1 Karma: +0/-0 *
Flex v7000 iSCSI
« on: July 08, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »
Looking for some assistance in the configuration of v7k iSCSI connectivity. We added iSCSI daughter cards to the v7k after its initial deployment of just FC. Both canisters have discovered the new cards and iscsi configuration is now available within the v7k network management screen. Both ports in both canisters have been assigned IPs. However, there are issues with enumerating the iscsi storage from 440 ITEs.

From within the v7k CLI, I can ping the iscsi network gateway and all four ports.

However, I am unable to ping the port IPs from the FSM CLI or from the CN4093 CLI. I can ping the iscsi gateway.

I assume the iSCSI ports respond to PINGs, so is there a network configuration that I am missing?

Thanks for any feedback.
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
Re: Flex v7000 iSCSI
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »
Tyrdll,

I'm not familiar with the specific issue to date but the problem does not seem to be from the v7000. On a standalone v7000 simply giving the new iSCSI ports IPs would make them pingable externally. Lets try to work through this and start where the next ping should come from, the CN4093.

Can you verify that the iSCSI ports are up on the switch? Also verify that you have the switch upgrades? My thought is that you may need additional upgrades to open up the "On Demand" ports where the new iSCSI card connects.

Thoughts?