News: SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Configuration switch EN2092 IBM flex system 7893 9303

Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
Re: Configuration switch EN2092 IBM flex system 7893
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
Excellent!

I will look at your new topic.

Thanks!
Super Newbie Posts: 1 Karma: +0/-0 *
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »
Hi, I have now the same problem, 2 en2092 - ESX and can not ping o connect the vspehre to the esx server. Could you show your configuration or the steps to make it work ?
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 309 Karma: +6/-0 *****
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 09:22:03 AM »
Hi tatakua2000,

Welcome to MyPureSupport!

I don't have a configuration handy from an EN2092. I have one from a 2092. Here are some things to check

From VMware
1. Validate that the vSwitch is created and has an active physical NIC added that is up and connected.
2. If you are doing VLANing verify that your port groups are created. If just a single VMnetwork then validate your VMs are on that network.
3. In the ESXi remote console or the ESXi shell make sure you have a NIC selected that is up and online.
4. In the ESXi remote console or the ESXi shell make sure you have an IP/subnet mask/gateway defined.

From the EN2092
1. Validate that your internal switch ports are either set to VLAN '1' or if doing VLANing add all of the appropriate VLANs and create a trunk port.
2. IF you are doing port groups within your VMware vSwitch make sure the switchport has 'VLAN Tagging' enabled.
3. On your EXT ports make sure your VLANs are defined and the interface is defined as a trunk port and 'VLAN Tagging is enabled.

I hope this helps.

Please send a copy of your current config if you like as well.

Thanks!