FSM LOCKED OUT!
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:16 PM »
We recently ran into some serious issues with USERID lockout issues with our Flex Systems Manager. If you are experiencing the same issues try unlocking the password from the PE user from the FSM CLI. How-to's on doing this can be found here (http://mypuresupport.org/fsm-flex-systems-manager/
) under the topic 'Unlocking User Accounts'.
If this process doesn't work and you are at FSM code level 1.3 then try setting your security settings on BOTH the FSM and CMM to legacy. To reset the FSM to legacy do the following:
1. Go to the Administration tab under Home and under Security Tasks click 'Configure Security Policy'
2. Then select 'Legacy' and click okay.
3. It will say processing, if it DOES NOT update and say complete then go back to the 'Configure Security Policy' and try again (it should say it is already set to Legacy)To reset the CMM to legacy do the following:
1. Go to the GUI of the CMM
2. Go to Mgt Module Management and click 'Security'
3. After the CMM is set to legacy you must restart each IMM/FSP and THEN THE CMM.
4. To restart an IMM/FSP go to the 'Systems Status' screen and one by one click on each node and on the right task menu click 'Restart Systems MGMT Processor'.
5. After you do this for each one then a quick reboot of the CMM should clear any outstanding error indicators.
If this is not an appropriate fix for you and you need to be set to the Secure security setting then reply to this topic and/or place a call to IBM.